Volunteer Or Sponsor A Project
Volunteer With Us…
As a small not-for-profit organization, the New Canaan Land Trust is always looking for volunteers to help us steward the hundreds of acres that we have protected since our founding in 1967. If you or a group would like to volunteer with the New Canaan Land Trust, please contact us and we will work to come up with a service project that suits your interests and needs.
Projects may include, but are not limited to:
- Removing invasive plants and fallen trees
- Creating and maintaining trails
- Building raised walkways
- Planting trees
Other volunteer opportunities include:
- Photographing materials for marketing use
- Planning community events
- Fundraising Conducting property inspections
…Or Sponsor A Project!
Some projects are simply too big or complex for us our our volunteers to carry out, and we opt to work with a local contractor or craftsman. We often rely on the support of neighbors and community members to fund these types of projects, but also work with individuals or companies who would like to sponsor individual projects. Sponsoring a project leaves a lasting legacy that land trust visitors will enjoy for decades to come, and is considered a tax-deductible donation.
Sponsored projects may include:
- Resetting sections of historic stone walls
- Installing split-rail fencing along land trust property boundaries
- Completing habitat assessments
- Building natural benches along trails
- Building informational kiosks at trailheads
- Another project you’ve already thought of!